Agriculture irrigation, South Africa
Secure a reduction in electricity cost and ensure reliable irrigation during day and night despite regular ESKOM grid outages
- Daily grid outages prevent continuous irrigation of agricultural land.
- Up to 20% loss in annual crop yields due to lack of irrigation
- Irrigation required for 5 hours during day-time and night-time.
- Necessity to deliver reliable electricity supply during day and night
- Integration and maximization of Solar PV generation.
- Reduce dependancy on grid supply and back-up diesel
On-site microgrid solution
- 1 MWp solar PV ground mounted.
- Battery energy storage system.